Nov 22, 2011

So far so good...

I'm down to 216.8 this morning, so I am seeing progress and that motivates me! I've been doing really well on the diet with no cheating at all. This alone amazes me. I have such a sweet tooth. Jaz and I were in F.S Chocolatiers over the weekend and my cravings kicked in momentarily. Again, chocolate and ice cream are the two things that I crave most (and they have both). I was really craving gummies though! Either way, I didn't get any. (Yay me!) I was looking at their sugar-free chocolates as well and was very tempted to try one; but I resisted! I asked the lady that worked at FSC about the carb content of the sugar-free content and she didn't know. She said she only knew that they were made with maltitol (a sugar alcohol/substitute). Later that afternoon we were at Target and I was perusing the sugar-free candy selection and found that the carb content of sugar-free candy is the same as regular candy! Talk about misinformation! So, no sugar-free candy for me :(

I've noticed in my food tracking that I'm not getting enough fiber so I had to look for a supplement. I don't like the powders and didn't really want to take the pills so I found some sugar-free Fiber Gummies at Walmart. (They even taste like regular gummy candies!)

On to food...

I made some pan-fried Tilapia fillets last night. I seasoned them with a premixed seasoning that has crushed red peppers, garlic, and pepper and fried them in butter. (It turned out delicious.)  I also made some steamed broccoli and fresh baby spinach sauteed in bacon. (Made some black beans and rice for the kids.) It was a delicious meal and had the fat and protein that my diet needs!

I found a recipe that I really want to make. Rib Eye Steak with a Creamy Onion Blue Cheese Sauce it looks delicious! Anyways... back to work!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More